title iconDive team finds body near last sighting of missing California teen Kiely Rodni

In Truckee, California, on Aug. 6, 16, Kiely Rodni vanished from a party at a campgroundAccording to the search and rescue team that recently joined the search for 16-year-old Kiely Rodney who has been missing for about two weeks now, they found a vehicle and human remains in a lake on Sunday afternoon near the campground where Rodni disappeared about two weeks ago. Her car was found upside down in 14 feet of water with her inside by Adventures with Purpose, a popular YouTube channel that assists in missing person cases.

In a statement, a spokesperson for the Placer County Sheriff's Office said that they were investigating the reports and that their dive team is heading out to the lake to investigate. During the early hours of Aug. 6, Rodney vanished from a party that was taking place at a campground in Truckee, California, during a party.

Several weeks have passed since authorities began searching for Rodni in the wooded areas near Prosser Family Campground in Tahoe National Forest, which locals refer to as "The Campground," when he was last seen around 12:30 a.m. on the morning of Aug. 6 during an estimated 300-person party that began the previous night on Aug. 5.

During the week of Aug. 11, officials began picking up and bagging evidence in the camping area. Hundreds of people attended Rodni's party at the campground on the weekend of Aug. 6 before she disappeared, along with drugs and alcohol.

She is believed to have been abducted by unknown persons, and the authorities are treating their investigation as one of abduction. As a result of her disappearance, Placer County officials activated the CodeRed Alert System, which alerts the county's approximately 100,000 residents about a missing person's location. On the morning of Aug. 6, Rodni's silver Honda CRV that she had driven to the party, as well as her car, disappeared from the campground.

It has been reported by the police that she last spoke with friends and family shortly after midnight on Aug. 6 and that her phone was turned off at around 12:33 a.m.